Wednesday, September 8, 2010

CAPE BRETON NS-THE CABOT TRAIL

   DSC03972

We returned to Nova Scotia on Aug 26th. We had a pretty good crossing although

I wanted to be prepared so I did take some motion sickness pills. As all the Newfies

would say yes take your Gravol. At first I wasn’t real sure what that meant, but

then when I went to take the medicine I read the name. GRAVOL. It worked just fine.

The ferry was doing enough rolling to make you feel like a drunk when walking.

100_9437 100_9438 DSC04040  

Cape Breton Highlands National Park 

DSC03993100_9447100_9456

More of the Nat’l Park. I could bore you with 100 more pictures but maybe you can get a feel for it with these.

It is just spectacular scenery!

Wonderful views, drives, hikes, it has it all. 

DSC03973DSC03986

The pretty and the whimsical. Jim at Joes Scarecrow Farm

CAPE BRETON HIGHLAND NATIONAL PARK- Ok I lied, I am going to bore you with more

scenery pictures. It was just a beautiful drive!

  DSC04007100_9435DSC04035

DSC04048DSC04056

MABOU- Our last night on Cape Breton, we stopped in the small town of Mabou to

overnight.  At the Red Shoe Pub we were entertained by a a local couple playing Celtic

music. A few beers, some steamed mussels and new friends. What could be more fun.

DSC04067

MABOU-We met a great couple who camped by us and shared our table at the Red Shoe Pub.

Bev & Bill from Halifax said”we were living their dream”. They are so looking forward to

retiring and traveling. For now they get away every chance they can, exploring the back

roads following whatever road they can get their Jeep through.

Bev & Bill have a great time along the way, till we meet again.

DSC04062

SUNSET AT MABOU

No comments: